maandag 23 augustus 2010

Nova Scotia, last stretch to Halifax

Two days ago I arrived in Nova Scotia, the last province for me in Canada. I cycled for about a week together with Chris Prior from Toronto. It was good for a change to ride with someone else and make stupid jokes. We made it through Quebec and New Brunswick. Nice cycling but nothing special since I'm getting a little bit spoiled with scenery every once in a while. Quebec was amazing for touring with lots of bike lanes everywhere!

I'm so happy to be on the coast again. Enough inland country for me. I never seen so much trees in my whole life. I still have quite some time in Canada since my flight to Iceland will be leaving on september the 6th. I'm gonna enjoy the coast and prepare myself in Halifax for a little bit colder weather. Some cycling parts have already been sent to Iceland by de vakantiefietser , excelent service.  I'm wondering how I will manage there without Tim Hortons... Yes, I'm addicted now...

One of the highlights of this world journey: the worlds largests axe,  World of Warcraft fools better recognise this!

Fishing boats @ Digby, famous for the delicious Digby Scallops. They taste good.

Lighthouse @ Gilberts Cove

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I recommend you to do Cabot trail; it's worth it. A lot of mooses, lighthouses everywhere, up (not a problem for you; am sure about it) and down and of course coast all the time, but no Tim Hortons ;-).
    Greetings from Slovenija! Sanja

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hey Bas

    Terrific that you made it, up to Iceland to the cold.
    We are in Lappland now 7 degrees Centigrade in the daytime, but it's allright when you get a bit climatized.
    Sleeping between Vilhelmina an Dorotea keeps us warm

    mam and dad

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Terrific quality publish. I adore simply how much information one can have from your world wide web. And with regards to producing money and running a blog, you have some good content on right here. Cool Tattoos Information
    I always was concerned in this subject and stock still am regards for putting up.
    Cccam Server | Cardsharing | Cardsharing Server | Dreambox Cccam | Dreambox Cardsharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen