dinsdag 3 augustus 2010

Changing Directions

Not too long ago I decided to make a new plan for my trip. I didn't really feel like going to New York anymore. Lots of "big city cycling", which I'm not very keen on. I crossed into Canada again and the new destination is Halifax, Nova Scotia. It has been a good decicion so far becaus now I'm enjoying the canadian hospitality again! I camped in the garden of a nice family in McKerrow. I got a private Johnny Cash concert there! I also took a very nice day off at Taggart Lake, free laundry at the campground and very good people for cyclists like me. There is so much enthousiasm!

The roads have been pretty busy the last days. There was a civic holiday in Ontario which meant that the roads where packed with campers, 4x4 and lots of trailers! The number 17 doesn't have much of a shoulder so a lot of vehicles got the finger! I better buy a helmet one of these days...
Anyway, a little 2000km to go to the coast. I'm looking forward to that! Unable to upload any pictures, maybe later... I'm on my way now, there's a bicycle waiting for me outside!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hey bas Nice plane, but of course we knew, pleasant stay in Ottawa.
    Take care, maybe you should look for a real "Speady Gonsalez" helmet.
    Yep Yep woeeeeeeeeesh.................. ;-)

    Dad

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hey Bas, It's Shauna (met you at Taggart Lake). Be safe going through Ontario and Quebec...you really should get a helmet :) Hope you are enjoying the energy bars! It was great to meet you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Bas, I heard about your adventure from Shauna, your Taggart Lake Canadian connection! Wishing you much luck with the rest of your voyage! And...buy a helmet, Ontario and Quebec drivers are crazy. :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen