zaterdag 22 februari 2014

Maintenance


My bike has been standing still for too long. This due to my injury where I wrecked my foot and heelbone last year. I'm still recovering but now I'm able to cycle again which is great.

De Groot Fietsen helped me to get my wheels back on the road. We fixed the Rohloff drivetrain with new cables, back sprocket and some fresh oil. A new bottom bracket was also installed. New brakes, handlebars and a revised rear pannier rack. Tubus suplied me with a new lowrider on their 30 year warranty service. Won't be traveling soon but at least I'm able to ride!

Big thanks to Germen of De Groot Fietsen for their help with the bike! If you're visiting Terschelling pay them a visit. 

The new drivetrain

The revised back pannier carrier

1 opmerking:

  1. Hey Bas,

    I've really enjoyed reading your blog especially about your recent cycle round England where you came through my old home city of Newcastle. You are very brave cycling in that icy weather so kudos to you!!

    I am cycling through the Netherlands at the moment and will be working my way north from Amsterdam over the 30km dyke, past your island and into Denmark. Woohooo!! It's been so fun and luckily NOT icy. If we see each other on the road, let's have a coffee! :-)

    Keep up the good wheelin'!

    Kiyan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen